Two Years Can Change a Lifetime
2 years at Riot Games and I broke 11k followers on LinkedIn!!!! 😯👊
If you have been following me, you already know, but flashback to 7 years ago, I had just graduated from College and bartending to pay the bills while working with a local start-up indie studio, only dreaming of working for a company like Riot one day. Reflecting back on my journey, I can't help but feel immense pride and gratitude for the incredible experiences I've had and the amazing folks I've had the privilege of working with!
It's crazy to think it's been two years, but my time at Riot Games has been a period of tremendous personal and professional growth! I've had the opportunity to develop new skills, take on some serious Projects, and learn from the best in the industry!
Here are some cool highlights of the past 2x years at Riot for me!
→ Getting to be a part of building a world-class TPM team!
• Being a part of a team of talented TPMs has truly helped me grow as a Manager, getting to learn from others while helping drive some big projects, programs, and releases for Live Operations!
→ Getting to the TPM to build 2x new Engineering teams!
• Production Engineering Team
• Observability Pipeline Engineering Team
• And being our LiveOps TPM for the Database Engineering team during their transition into LiveOps from LoL.
→ Live Operation Projects and Programs, such as our:
• New Riot League of Legend AWS Servers in SEA and Datacenter Decommissions around the globe.
• Live Operations support for the launch of VALORANT in China.
• A major company-wide observability project!
• and MORE that I can't talk about! (Yet!)
As I sit here and reflect on my two years, I'm filled with excitement and anticipation for what the future holds. The road ahead is paved with exciting new challenges, opportunities, growth, and the chance for more awesome projects! As Riot continues to evolve and innovate, I'm so eager to contribute to our exciting development of many years yet to come!
I am deeply grateful for the support, mentorship, and friendships I've found in my career, and I can't wait to continue this amazing journey with Riot Games! I have to give a shout-out to the one person who made all this possible for me, and that will always be my amazing Wife! Without you, sticking it with me through all the tough times, there is no way any of this would have been possible! 💖
My time at Riot has been truly a dream come true, and I'm proud to be part of a company that shares my passion for gaming! I'm forever grateful for the stability, compassion, and care that this company has for its Rioters and Players! Here's to many more years of shaping the future of gaming, making unforgettable memories, and continuing to live the dream as a Rioter! 👊